Tuesday, February 15, 2011

D&G Spring/Summer

In the fashion world, advertising is just about as important as the actual clothes, so if you don't have the right advertising campaign, your brand is just as likely to succeed as Mary Kate and Ashley in the fashion world...

From

OMG I LOVE THEM! THEY ARE AMAZING! I WISH I WAS THEM! MKA FOREVAAA!

To

... o.O WTF happened?

So to me advertising counts for a LOT. If I see an ad that's like 'Oh come to Gucci, we have cool shoes' and then have some A-class crap photo of some ridiculously anorexic girl wearing high heels, chances are no one's going to want to buy these 'amazing' shoes, and they might actually be pretty good shoes.

Anyway, while I was scanning the internet for anything related to fashion (no, I do have a life outside this, I promise), I came across the advertising campaign for the new Dolce and Gabanna Spring/Summer Collection, and I was really surprised about gorgeous it was!





I mean, the clothes are amazingly unique and gorgeous as always, but what surprised me was how fun and sexy the ads look. I mean, it's not your typical 'Look at me, I'm skinny and gorgeous, unlike you' kind of poster. It looks really inviting and happy, and the models actually looks healthy, as if they're NOT a size zero, like most of the models for Gucci and Chanel. It gives fashion that positive spin and shows that fashion is something that should be fun, not a serious kind of thing. It sort of yells 'BE YOURSELF', and to me that's what fashion is all about.

1 comment:

  1. i agree on that fashion should be fun and not boring. i am probably with u on every thing.
    alexia...xox

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and tell me anything, you know I love it!

Click Here!

Follow Style Spectator